RYA First Aid
In a medical emergency a little first aid knowledge and immediate action can save lives. This course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for people using small craft and to support skippers.
Course Title: RYA 1st Aid
Sunday 7th October - This course is now wait listed. Please contact the office for future dates
Course Cost: Includes refreshments and lunch. Free parking.
£75 members and £95 non-members
Course Duration: 1 day 9.30 - 5pm
Course Headline: In a medical emergency a little first aid knowledge and immediate action can save lives. This course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for people using small craft and to support skippers.
Course Description: It fulfils the requirements for:
• professional skippers of small craft working within 60 miles of a safe haven, including Boatmasters;
• the Senior First Aid certificate needed by offshore racers subject to ISAF's regulations on first aid training (OSR 4.08.4). The course is recommended by the MCA and HSE.
The subjects specific to boating include:
• the recovery position in a confined space
• CPR, including the drowning protocol
• cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
• seasickness and dehydration
• medical assistance or advice by VHF
• helicopter rescue
The latest edition of the RYA First Aid Manual is included.
Prior Knowledge/Experience: none
Please contact us email@example.com to secure your place.
Last updated 15:51 on 5 September 2018