Congratulations to the LCSC Racing Team
Published 10:38 on 21 Mar 2019
Sunsail Series weekend # 1, 16-17th March
This past weekend was the kick off for the Offshore Racing side of LCSC seeing 9 of us head down to Portsmouth of Friday evening for the matched F40 (Benneteau First 40's) hosted and organised by Sunsail.
- Racing was cancelled as it was blowing dogs off chains and we were the only boat to leave the marina!
- Rugby was watched
- Was still windy but racing was on! Yay
- 4 great races ranging from 15 knots in the lulls to 35 in the gusts
- we opted for reef 2 and full jib for most of the day and shook out a reef for the last race
- Some well clenched moments at mark rounds with other boats broaching out of control and sometimes very close to us.
- Spinnakers were only used by 2 boats in the fleet of 10, one to their demise and the oxford uni racing team did a great job and got 2nd overall
- As a crew, we swapped around a fair bit allowing most of the crew to have a go at various jobs.
- We managed 3rd in all but the last race which was 4th and discarded so we got ourselves a comfortable 3rd place and entry into the finals in November!
- The top team who mostly met on Friday evening for the first time,
All in All, we are chuffed!
from the crew
Ruaraidh Plummer (skip/nav)
Derrick Evans (helm/trim)
Giles Bancroft (helm/secret downwind weapon)
Matt Klaber (main/smack talk)
Kate Woodward (pit/trim)
Sarah & Liam H (Bow/trim/main)
Tim Sherratt Hardy (baptism of fire)
Last updated 17:31 on 22 September 2020