To take part you need a boat and you need to book.
If you have your own boat go to https://www.lcsc.org.uk/my_boats to add or edit your boat.
If you don't have your own boat the club has 9 lasers available to hire that will be allocated in booking order.
Due to COVID-19, all participants must book before taking part. (This will not normally be required) Please go to https://www.lcsc.org.uk/events and book for the event you wish to take part in.
Now that the RYA have advised its OK to get back racing, we are launching a new format Sailing Championship that refreshes the previous "quarterly points" series. The hope is that it will stimulate more competition and even higher turnout at the racing events. Its a 3-month championship so if the format goes well we plan to do 4 Championships per year.
Here are details of the new Sailing Championship, the first one will start Sunday 2/08!
- Championships will span 3 months
- Max 6 days of racing in a championship, aiming for 2x per month
- 2-4 races each day (weather permitting)
- Results will be kept & published immediately after racing
- 6x discards per Championship: this allows you to miss ~2 days of sailing & discard some bad races,
- If 3 or more races sailed any day, there will be 1 discard applied to that day's results.
- Lot's of prizes to win!! Prize giving each sailing day designed to stimulate competition across the fleet: (nobody can win more than 1 prize).
- 1st Overall
- 1st Laser Radial (if fleet of min 3)
- 1st Enterprise (if fleet of min 3)
- 1st Vision (if fleet of min 3)
- 1st Lady Laser
- 1st Master (men and women in 45-55yrs group) Laser
- 1st Grand Master (men and women over 55yrs) Laser
- 1st Novice (beginners, as determined by Ratty) Laser
- So if you can't sail the whole championship, you can still win a day!
- THE BIG PRIZES...at the end of the Championship (at the end of the 6 events)
- 1,2,3 of each of the above classes
- Sunday 2nd August
- Saturday 22nd August
- Saturday 5th September
- Sunday 20th September
- Saturday 17th October
Last updated 19:39 on 10 August 2020