RYA 1st Aid Course, Sunday 31st March
RYA 1st Aid
In a medical emergency a little first aid knowledge and immediate action can save lives. This course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for people using small craft and to support skippers.
2019 Dates: Sunday 31st March * Special Offer * This course is now FULLCost of Course: £95 non-members / £75 members. Lunch and refreshments included.
This course will be instructed by Tim Allen from Watercraft Training.
Alternative dates can be seen HEREMembers - Please book and pay online to secure your place
Non - members, please contact the admin office for course availability and bookings
Course Duration: 1 day 9.30 - 5pm
Course Headline: In a medical emergency a little first aid knowledge and immediate action can save lives. This course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for people using small craft and to support skippers.
Course Description: It fulfils the requirements for:
• professional skippers of small craft working within 60 miles of a safe haven, including Boatmasters;
• the Senior First Aid certificate needed by offshore racers subject to ISAF's regulations on first aid training (OSR 4.08.4). The course is recommended by the MCA and HSE.
The subjects specific to boating include:
• the recovery position in a confined space
• CPR, including the drowning protocol
• cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
• seasickness and dehydration
• medical assistance or advice by VHF
• helicopter rescue
The latest edition of the RYA First Aid Manual is included.
Prior Knowledge/Experience: none
Last updated 1:47pm on 24 January 2019