East Coast Sailing Trip, 3 - 10th July
For those of you who have only experienced sailing in the Solent, we'd like to introduce you to a different pace of life. The East Coast has some of the best yacht cruising in the UK but think peaceful anchorages rather than noisy marinas, clear skies rather than streetlights and cosy pubs rather than fully booked restaurants.
We'll join the boat at Suffolk Yacht Harbour on the Orwell the trip is likely to take in places such as:
- Lowestoft (entrance to the Broads)
- Southwold (home of Adnams brewery)
- Pin Mill (and the Butt and Oyster pub)
- Sealand (we won't stop but it's the world's smallest micronation)
- Burnham on Crouch (East Coast's answer to Cowes week)
- Walton Backwaters (area of outstanding natural beauty)
Required reading for this trip will be:
Magic of the Swatchways - Maurice GriffithsWe didn't mean to go to sea - Arthur Ransom
The cost of the trip will be £315. This includes the charter fee but transport to SYH, mooring costs, food and other incidentals will be extra.
Please book below and pay online to secure your place.
Please note the standard Offshore T&Cs apply .
Any available tickets are member only.
Last updated 3:30pm on 24 June 2021