The Club has space to store approximately 60 dinghies. These "moorings" are in a modern purpose built building or "undercroft" next to the clubhouse. Preference is given to members who regularly sail their boats at Hammersmith. Mooring is at the discretion of class captains and only dinghy classes sailed at the club will be offered moorings.
The following is a summary of the arrangements:
- Moorings. The annual charge for mooring a dinghy in the undercrofts is currently £360.00. This is discounted to £110 to all owners who use their boats on at least 10 occasions during the year on club events (races, cruises or open meetings). The moorings year runs from 1st April to 31st March. (Mooring rates may be increased from time to time as approved by the club)
- New Boat rate. A member bringing a boat to the undercrofts for the first time is charged at the annual rate of £100.00 for the first year. This charge is pro-ratered from the 1st of the month following the boat being stored.
- Road Trailers. Limited storage of road trailers is available at the discretion of the Bosun. An annual charge of £25.00.
- Dinghy Insurance. It is a club rule that members should have current insurance certificates including an adequate 3rd party cover (typically £3m).
- The Bosun is responsible for physical storage of dinghies and undercrofts.
Enquiries. All enquiries about storage of boats from existing and new members are directed in the first instance to the club administrator.
The priority for allocating moorings are:
1. Must be club members
2. Preference given to classes supported by the club e.g. Enterprises, Lasers, RS Visions.
3. Priority of space allocation will be given to regular sailors. e.g. those not sailing regularly will be stored on racks.
4. The Class Captains have the decision on whether to offer mooring.
Mooring space cannot be sold or transferred to another member. A member bringing in a new boat also cannot be guaranteed mooring space. The club will always try to find storage space as requested by members but it is not guaranteed or a right of membership.
Last updated 21:06 on 2 June 2017