25 - 29 May : DUTCH LAKES
We are picking up the boats evening of Friday 25th May and returning on Tuesday 29th May at lunchtime. There's also an option to finish on Monday lunchtime instead.
- Dinghy sailing without the risk of capsizing
- Camping without missing poles and lines to trip over
- Keelboat sailing within beautiful reetlands wetlands
- Riverbanking without the risk of going backwards
- Affordable and accessible sailing abroad
- A holiday with cheese, heineken and clogs
- Endless lakes, canals, cute towns and pubs
That's what the sailing trip to the Dutch Lakes has to offer.
So what's the deal?
- 3-4 days sailing over the May bank holiday Fri 25th – Tue 29th May
- Sailing the Dutch lakes in open keelboats (approx 6 metres)
- 2 people per boat, sleeping in the boat overnight under a canvas boat cover (bring own sleeping mat and sleeping bag) - let Berenice know who you are partnering up with
- Mooring overnight next to a field, at an uninhabited island or on a small town quay
- Pub lunches and cooking your own meal on a camping stove at night (except when staying at the town quay)
- Exploring the lakes and canals
- Sign up as a pair or individual
Is it hard or easy?
It's easy because:
- The boats are more stable and more spacious than visions
- If you run aground (and you will!) it's just mud
- There is no tide
- Navigation is like reading a road map
It can be a bit tricky because:
- you will need to tack through narrow canals (unless you cheat and use your outboard engine)
- there are many other boats around (but you guys are used to the Solent and/ or rowers!)
- Getting yourselves out of the reeds can be a bit of a fuss (but it happens in more often to others than to yourself, so that is netto a win) and you've got a punting pole to push you out
How do I sign up?
- Cost is : £175, incl:
- boat hire (incl outboard engine and tent)
- some drinks and snacks for the first evening at the campfire
- BBQ on one evening
- airport transfers
- Additional costs:
- Flight to Amsterdam approx. £ 100-130
- Other meals (combination of pub and cooking)
- Optional rent of cooking set (€15/boat), waterproofs (€20/pp), box to keep valuables (€5/boat)
- Learn the following essential phrases:
- Een biertje alsjeblieft (one beer please); or even better
- Rondje voor de hele groep! (a round for the whole group)
- He Lekkerding (Hey sexy!)
- Mag ik een sleepje? (can I have a tow please)
- Een zak waterballonnen alsjeblieft (One bag of water balloons please)
DATES: eve Friday 25th - Tue 29th
NOTE: The standard Offshore T&Cs apply - see http://www.lcsc.org.uk/sailing/yachting-general.
One Price £175
£75 Deposit due at time of booking
£100 Due by 31/03/2018
Prices do not include flights, mooring fees, most food and drinks etc.
DO NOT BOOK FLIGHTS until your place is confirmed.
Be reminded to let Berenice know who, if relevant, who you are partnering up with.
BOOK ASAP TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!
Last updated 3:34pm on 14 January 2018