15 - 17 June : Boat Mooring Course with Peter Hopps
Boat Mooring Course
A weekend course to learn and practice boat mooring.
Mooring up is something every skipper has to do and it's something you often don't get a chance to practice. Over the weekend we cover as many different techniques and scenarios as possible:
- Handling characteristics of different types of boat
- Prop walk - shaft drives. sail drives
- Preparation and use of mooring lines and fenders
- Coming alongside a pontoon in different tide and wind combinations
- Use of tide - ferry-gliding
- Springing off
- Sailing on to mooring buoys
We are based at Hamble and we will spend a good proportion of the time on the river where there are several handy pontoons for practising.
The course starts on the Friday evening, but you may join on the Saturday morning if it's more convenient. Breakfast and lunch is included but we usually eat ashore in the evening.
Last updated 5:25pm on 10 January 2018