Laser Open - Saturday October 15th
Published 00:00 on 1 Sep 2016
We have our annual Laser Open Meeting, which is part of the Thames Valley Laser Circuit on Saturday. The racing starts at 12.00 and is open for Standard rigs, Radials, and 4.7s, with an own cup awarded to the Radials and 4.7s. Note this is a bit earlier than currently announced in the calendar, just so we can possibly get three races in if conditions are good.
We will have competitors from other clubs, good Laser sailors, some of them competing regularly on open meetings. Of course we hope that a Corinthian will win this race! All regular Laser racers, please make a real effort on that day. But we are very keen on good attendance numbers from our side. If you have sailed a Laser before, and you have a good appreciation of the racing rules, this is a brilliant chance to participate in a great racing event, even if you are not a regular racer or lack recent practice.
So how can you help us to make this a great event? There are several ways:
- Sail: obviously. Entry fee is £12, which includes a late lunch / early tea after the race.
- Hire a club Laser: if you don't own a boat, we have 6 club Lasers for hire. Boat hire fee is £12 (that's £24 for boat hire and entry fee combined). If you want to hire a Laser, please contact me this week (email@example.com).
- Lend a Laser: if you own a Laser, but can't make it on the date, you may consider to lend the Laser to another club member. This is just in case all club Lasers are taken. We trust you have the according insurance (that's the club policy anyway). There is no financial compensation, but a lot of Karma points, and we will look favourably at next year's mooring fee if you only manage 9 outings this years. Let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Lend a launching trolley: we may be a bit short on trolleys. We'll put it back in its place after the event. Let me know (email@example.com).
- Volunteer: we are currently looking for some pontoon helpers and volunteers for the reception desk. It's very sociable and requires little prior experience. Free late lunch or early tea. Sign up on dutyman or let Sophie know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Cheer: come and watch more than 20 Lasers compete. Sailing could definitively be a spectator sport.
Last updated 21:09 on 2 June 2017